Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8, 2013

Clint (my engineer) and I recorded a chapter of Quo Vadis but with all of the engineering involved it took two and a half hours to get it "in the can". Two-and-a-half hours a week is outside my budget and at one chapter per week it would take over a year to finish recording the whole book. I've come up with another idea. Read short stories instead. It would take less time and I think I can come up with enough antiquarian titles to make the show viable. The other thing I am going to do is buy some royalty-free music for a theme and for bumpers. Clint thinks we should limit the show to 30 minutes. I wanted to go an hour. I think maybe Clint is right. It would keep the costs down and might better keep my listeners interest. I hope to get started on the new format sometime this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment