Sunday, February 4, 2018

Ticket Snipers et.al.

While I was out delivering food I received a traffic ticket (moving violation) from a Pasadena PD officer. 

I decided to fight the ticket and use a company that I had seen advertised on billboard signs called Ticket Snipers. I went online and had my case evaluated.  I was told that Ticket Snipers could help and informed that such help would cost $138.00.  I paid the fee and then filled out information on the web site and spoke to a representative on the phone. 

A few days later I received, in the mail, my defense package.  A form to request trial by "paperwork" and my statement.  I signed the forms and wrote a check for $238.00 (my bail) to L.A. County.  I then waited for the result (it was then late October).

At the end of January 2018 I received the result in the mail from the court.  The judge found me guilty.  A note written by the judge stated that he had "disregarded inadmissible evidence".  I was provided with the verdict a form to request a "trial de novo" (a new trial) that must be submitted by February 15th.

I am now deciding whether to request the new trial.

Over all I am satisfied because I learned things that will last me for the rest of my life such as the ability to go to trial via the mail. 

1 comment: